[geeks] remove cover from C110 HP?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 15:24:07 CDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 09:23:09PM +0200, roosmcd at dds.nl wrote:
> shake it till the mainboard falls out. I have a C110 and a partial C100
> (missing PS and memory, anybody interested in Europe?). I suspect there is a
> somewhat more acceptable way to take this machine apart, but someone with a
> B132L I talked to, also did it this way....

Actually I was just pulling on the wrong part.. Was expecting a cover to
come off, not a backplane unit.

>  One thing to watch for: on both my machines the connector between the drive
> sled and the backplane was flaky. And since the power button is on the drive
> sled, you can have severe problems powering the machine up if you have just
>taken it apart and the drive sled isn't properly seated. The person I got these
> machines from couldn't get them to power on at all....

I had to reseat the drive unit 2 or 3 times and re-seat all the scsi
cables before I could get it to power on and install.  Working fine now,
except the video card is a HCRX8.  Anybody got a HCRX24?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net