[geeks] Re: [rescue] Re: kernel scalability....

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 9 20:14:12 CDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 08:46:34PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> I've built and operated large unix servers on traditional
> mini/micro/super-mini architectures.  I've been tuning unix and
> unix-like kernels for nearly 20 years now.
> I really do know what the hell I'm talking about in this case.

Speaking of which, "informal survey"

"What do you do for a living, and whats your "history" ?"

Me:  Systems admin (approaching 1.5 years now) with a major
telecommunications company (a Bell), managing Solaris. HPUX, IRIX,
and Tru64 machines.

Before this, I had a short stint as the "Computer Guy" for a local
engineering firm managing their internal network, and from '95-98
and '99-2000, worked at an ISP of some sort, usually as a systems
admin or the head systems admin (UNIX).

Prior to '93 was high school, and '93-95 was college.  I'll be
27 in november.

Dream job:  Working for Sun in some capacity, or winning the lottery
and just working at a local ISP or somesuch just to have something to
do (I'm a workaholic, and have had a fulltime or near-fulltime job
continuously since I was 15..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford