[geeks] Re: [rescue] Re: kernel scalability....

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 9 20:44:52 CDT 2001

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Speaking of which, "informal survey"
>
> "What do you do for a living, and whats your "history" ?"

Me: Senior Technical Engineer for Sun Microsystems, as part of the
CPRE-HSG (Highend Server Group).  My job is to debug problems with E10K's
that cannot be solved in the field.  We also participate in new product
development.

I've been with Sun a little over a year.  Before that, I've held various
jobs, from radio DJ to Tech Writer (My degree is in tech writing), to
Manager of Systems/Operations at the National Center for Genome Resources
(my last stint, where I bought an E10K...)

I've been doing systems admin on UNIX (starting with SunOS 3) since the
mid-80's.  In addition to SunOS/Solaris, I've worked VMS, RSX-11M+,
Digital UNIX, AIX, HP-UX, and a few other mutated and twisted things.  (It
goes w/o saying that I've used Linux, [Open/Net]BSD, and others freebies.)

I'm also a Mac addict, and have been since 1984.  I tend to collect
hardware, and have a pretty good collection of Sun and Mac equipment.  My
other interest is Basenji rescue, and I've had my own domain (basenji.com)
since 1994.

I'm 33, married (to Chandra), and have two Basenjis, Keegan and Spritzer.
I'm currently holed up in the San Diego area.

-Pete