[geeks] LART! LART! LART! ($*%@ kids)

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 1 22:37:40 CDT 2001

> I've been harboring the idea for the perfect security system: A series of
> IR emitters all over the place, a few motion sensors, a few IR
> sensitive cameras, and a few good VCRs. Oh, and a H&K PSG-1 or a Barrett.

I personally prefer (and have) a Bennelli with 00 shot or an un-sabotted
slug.  Talk about damage!  I don't know about actual killing, but removing a
portion of an extremity would be easy with such a thing.

I know from experience that simply racking the shotgungun and chambering a
round is enough to make a thief wet their pants.  Imagine it, you've got the
slim-jim in the door, fiddling with the lock, almost got it >click< there it
is!  Reach in, grab for the trunk realease and...... **shalock-lock**
followed by "I'm pretty sure you want to do exactly what I tell you".

Automatic shotguns are nice for firing off quick successions of rounds, but
nothing says "I love you" like the sound of a pump action shotgun.

Kurt