[geeks] LART! LART! LART! ($*%@ kids)

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 1 21:38:29 CDT 2001

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
> What I need is an IR LED (like one of those ultra-bright LED
> keychain lights; I bought a blue one at frys today) and a night
> vision sight..

I've been harboring the idea for the perfect security system: A series of
IR emitters all over the place, a few motion sensors, a few IR
sensitive cameras, and a few good VCRs. Oh, and a H&K PSG-1 or a Barrett.

The motion sensors would alert the owner of the premises to a problem, the
owner would then covertly prop himself into a window with the barrel out,
videotape rolling. Catch the thief coming out of [my] vehichle with full
hands, and put one (I would have said "in", but those are .50 cal rifles)
through his head. The getaway driver would probably try to drive away
[bonus: newbies would be simultaneously filling thier pants], but since
[the getaway driver] has not done anything, there's no point in nailing
him. Would just make the situation far more messy [legally].

I'm sure the victim^Wthief's parents would be *thrilled* to have to find
out what happened to the other half of thier child's skull. [This does not
imply that we've been having lots of problems with neighboorhood kids --
just that most "perps" are juveniles "who don't know any better".]

<Starcraft>
 Never know what hit 'em.
</Starcraft>

I need to move to Texas for more than one reason right about now. :)

PS: Do Texan families reinforce the values that You Leave Your Neighboor's
Stuff Alone or [condition] Happens To You? (Where [condition] equals
[parental action] and/or [they shoot].)

Hi TLA's; I'm glad you've decided to join the conversation. No, I'm not
going to go off and kill people, just protect my land.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |