Informal Poll WAS RE: [geeks] Laid off blues

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 21:30:21 CDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 07:09:17PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> Of the Places I've worked since college, only NCGR & Sun survive:
> -WVNC-FM - gone
> -Enable Software - gone
> -TV Data Technologies - bought out.
> -CommTek Communications - gone
> -NCGR - not much left.
> -Sun - 9% layoff, but still there.

Lessee:

high school/college: KRPT-FM: Gone (now a satelite station)
after college: ionet.net (gone, bought by PSI, now part of inter.net)
after ionet: texas.net (still there)
after texas.net: comco.com (still there, part of altair.com, but they
	always were, even when I was there)
after comco: onr.com (OnRamp) - still there, sunhelp is colo'ed there,
	and I'll go back to them after I win the lottery to have something
	to do
after onr: ConnectSouth - dot bomb, but I bailed before the hammer fell
after CS: Broadwing, been there a year and a half now.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net