[geeks] (Absolutely nothing to do with the speed of an IPC/SS/1...)

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 21 20:23:55 CDT 2001

I didn't - I agreed with a previous poster that X would run slowly, and Bill
jumped up and DECLARED we are all SPOILED.

He overreacted (IMHO), I tried to dismiss it with humor, and got called a
dick.

I have *no* problem with the speed of those machines - I agree with Dave M.
these are great little boxes for making money (Digex), but that doesn't make
X run faster on them (all I ever agreed with - in fact, I mentioned how to
make one of these boxes run better (good framebuffer)).

Are you running X on those SS/1s? That was the point.

As for the 486, well, I'll just let that slide...