[geeks] E-Bay - 1991 Sun TriGem Slt-100 Sparc Laptop

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 21 21:09:36 CDT 2001

> Naw, I have a 386 DX/40 - it ROCKS! I have FreeBSD on it, downloaded over
> 14.4K modem and booted off a single floppy boot diskette.

Heh - I've got a 386-20 Compaq Contura with DOS+Novell network client (IPX
and TCP/IP) and a parallel port NIC that I scrounged from a dust bin.  It's,
um, is interesting.  It doesn't rock, but it sure is interesting.  I mean,
it doens't do any real work - but at least it *could*.  I suppose BSD could
go on it - if I made some hardware additions (no CDROM, 80MB HD, no PCMCIA).
Mostly though, it;s just used as a museum piece - "a snapshot of time" as it
were.

I also have a NEC 486 SX25 NEC Versa V50 that I'm trying to figure out what
to do with.  It currently requires a CMOS battery, but I don't appear to be
able to remove the memory in order to get to it.  It *should* slide right
out, but it doesn't...

Kurt