[geeks] Hosting centers

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 13 08:38:15 CDT 2001

I've seen cheap cable cause lots of problems. Then again, I've seen cheap
hubs and switches chow packets too.

My company is located in two Exodus centers with no problem. Then again, we
are on the older Cisco switches, not the new switches they want us to switch
to.

I would suspect the switchports. Are you sure your packet loss is in the
link and not in the network? 15% is atrocious lossage.