[geeks] RE: Re: [rescue] The war begins....

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 7 23:25:42 CDT 2001

On Sun, 2001-10-07 at 20:58, Charles Redmond wrote:
> > rescue at sunhelp.org Full SCSI <fernande at internet1.net> RE: Re: [rescue] The war begins....Reply-To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> >Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 23:25:28 -0400
> >
> >That's true, they aren't directly affecting the physical welfare of anyone
> >else, and I understand that.  I used the phrase, "They should be shot" as
> >more of a figure of speech, but no one gets that I guess.
> My trouble with the "should be shot" figure of speech is that there
> are some in the US who would. The USA does after all have it's own groups of left and right wing loonies. The right generally being more
> powerful.
> One of the big dangers I think the USA faces is those of the far right
> in political power dusting off their "pet" bills and getting them
> passed under the guise of anti-terrorist action.

Some of our representatives in congree have already shown that they're
not willing to let any measures go through as "anti-terrorism".  They
killed off parts of a bill that allowed permanent infringement of
civil-liberties, and made it so that those go away in 2 years, unless
explicitly approved by congress.  There are still idiots in there, like
that fool from MA who wants to ban cryptography, but there are others to
mediate the lunacy.
	Greg