[geeks] RE: Re: [rescue] The war begins....

Charles Redmond geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 7 22:58:29 CDT 2001

> rescue at sunhelp.org Full SCSI <fernande at internet1.net> RE: Re: [rescue] The war begins....Reply-To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 23:25:28 -0400
>
>That's true, they aren't directly affecting the physical welfare of anyone
>else, and I understand that.  I used the phrase, "They should be shot" as
>more of a figure of speech, but no one gets that I guess.
My trouble with the "should be shot" figure of speech is that there
are some in the US who would. The USA does after all have it's own groups of left and right wing loonies. The right generally being more
powerful.
One of the big dangers I think the USA faces is those of the far right
in political power dusting off their "pet" bills and getting them
passed under the guise of anti-terrorist action.

There are those who would also LIKE to see a religious war.. and those
who would aid the end of the world simply because they beleive it's "due to happen now anyway".

Personally, I think the longer this situation goes on, the greater
danger for all because of the greater instability it will create
in more moderate countries where Islam has a significant presence.

Charles