[geeks] Re: [SunRescue] yet another new list

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat May 12 10:05:18 CDT 2001

Have you tried one of the Cable/DSL router boxes? The NetGear unit keeps popping up on sale at COmpUSA for well under $100 ($70-80 IIRC), and I have seen the SMC unit, with print server and RS-232 rollover for under $100 as well, IIRC.

I am very fond of my Linksys unit, and Pete likes his little box as well... I may dump my Linksys if I can find the low-cost SMC unit again(I really want to have a roll-over to a serial connection/dial-up if/when my DSL line goes down)...

Ken