[geeks] Re: [SunRescue] yet another new list

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat May 12 14:07:13 CDT 2001

I've looked at those things.  There is a flash upgrade for the DSL modem
itself that makes it do NAT.  There is one big thing I've been concerned
about.  With a linux NAT box, I can run things that are allergic to NATs
on the NAT box (gnutella and other P2P networking systems (games) seem to
be a prime example of things that seem to be allergic to NATs).  If I have
a dedicated NAT appliance, how would I work out things that don't get
along with the NAT?

Does anyone else have experience with this?

--
Joshua Boyd