[geeks] Re: [rescue] RE: Small schools.& elections

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 22:01:04 CDT 2001

Since we are discussing religion and politics, I've moved this to geeks.

In this day and age of monstrous amounts of CPU cylces going unused, isn't
it time to use a text editor that pretends to have a brain?

For instance, in the two emacs (I don't believe in keeping only one copy
of emacs open) that I have open now, one of them is managing the white
space in some python scripts (python was meant to be edited with a smart
editor, I kid you not), and provides a class browser.

The other is opened to a C++ project.  It takes me to build errors, does
syntax highlighting, and highlights the current code in the GDB.

I'm sure you've heard these things before.  I understand prefering vi's
keysequences to emacs chords, but what makes people prefer such a lack of
features?

--
Joshua Boyd