[geeks] WTB: digital camera

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 11:15:41 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 11:02:28AM -0500, Reagen B . Ward wrote:
> What my wife and I did was invest in a decent slide/negative scanner.  If
> you can keep your environment rather dust free, you can get really good
> digital images of your quality pics.  The Canon I use is 2710dpi, which
> seems to be sufficient.  We also have an Olympus digicam, but SLR wins.

The one problem I have with SLR cameras (really, the same applies to PHD
film cams to) is that when I have time to spend taking interesting
pictures (and taking interesting pictures, at least for me, means taking
lots of pictures with only a few ones ending up being interesting), that
tends to be the same time that I can't afford film or processing
(especially processing).  That was the single biggest reason that I had
for getting a digital camera.

--
Joshua D. Boyd