[geeks] WTB: digital camera

James Fogg geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 10:53:36 CDT 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:59:36AM -0400, James Fogg wrote:
> > Another thing I am working on... a barn camera. <edit>
>
> Yeah, but when you get sick of that view, how do you reposition the camera
> for pictures of another mountain?
> Joshua D. Boyd

My thoughts were that if it worked as expected, I would ask the people of the
Sunapee (where I live), Lakes and White Mountain regions of New Hampshire to
allow me to use their "rooms with a view" to make other works. The house owners
would get a free print and their house would be part of the history of the
print. I figure I can complete a negative in 2 days to a week (light-proofing,
test shots on 4X5 cut sheet negative, etc).

New Hampshire has two things that make this possible.... a strong arts
community and endless stunning views (and million-dollar houses that are in a
position to gather these views).

A print of this quality will easilly fetch $500.00 per print. I can probably
expect to sell at least 2 of most prints and many copies of famous views (like
Mt. Washington, the "old man on the mountain" or Lake Winnipesake)

Another idea I had was to fashion such a "camera" in a large enclosed trailer.

btw... I wouldn't be the first photo-geek to make a camera for a special
purpose.

	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com

If you can read this e-mail, Thank a Network Engineer!