[geeks] Introductions (was Re: Etiquette)

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 00:21:19 CDT 2001

O.K., I suppose I should step up to the mike...

"I'm Pete Wargo, and I have a technology problem."

...er... Wrong forum.

Anyhow, my name is Pete(r) Wargo, I'm 33 years old, married for 8 years
with two Basenji dogs (Keegan and Spritzer).  I suppose I should come
clean about my job - I am a Senior Technical Engineer for Sun
Microsystems, located in San Diego, CA.  I am part of the group
responsible for the development and support of Sun's high-end systems
(i.e., the E10000 and such).

Before Sun bribed me to move to San Diego, I was an IT manager in Santa
Fe, New Mexico.  I've been doing systems administration since my college
days - I started on SunOS 3 on Sun-2 systems.

My college degree is in Technical Communications.  I keep wondering when
I'm going to use it - I was a Tech writer/systems admin for a time, but
mostly (until Sun) I've done admin.

My hobbies include dog rescue (Basenjis), running Basenji.com (I am the
original owner of the domain, since 1994...), analog music, and all sorts
of other stuff.  (Including collecting Apple and Sun hardware...) I used
to be an avid motorcyclist, but a recent high-speed accident has cured me
of that addiction.  I have a page of my own: http://www.basenji.com/pwargo
- pix, etc.

I've known Bill Bradford and Steve Hatle for some time, and they might be
willing to admit that they know me - it all has something to do with a
certain BeBox...

I was also a radio DJ for a period of time, until I finally figured out
that like crime, radio doesn't pay.

Ugh, I'm beginning to ramble, time to shut up.

-Pete
Peter L. Wargo
pwargo at basenji.com
Owner/operator of basenji.com.