[geeks] Introductions (was Re: Etiquette)

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 00:24:09 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 10:21:19PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> I've known Bill Bradford and Steve Hatle for some time, and they might be
> willing to admit that they know me - it all has something to do with a
> certain BeBox...

The story:

Shortly before I met Amy in '98, I owned a BeBox.  At the time, it wasnt
"useful" for me, and I put it up for sale/trade.  I ended up (stupidly)
trading the BeBox (dual 66mhz) to Pete for what was then a NICE system -
a loaded SPARCstation 5/110 and monitor.

(Amy saw the BeBox before I shipped it off.)

Eventually, the BeBox made its way from Pete to Steve Hatle, whom I've
been trying to convince to sell me the machine back, for the past two
years or so.  Amy gives me hell about trading off a rare box (only
1800 were made) for a rather common SS5.  Heck, to me, at the time,
it was a GREAT deal. 8-)

> I was also a radio DJ for a period of time, until I finally figured out
> that like crime, radio doesn't pay.

Same here, from '91-95.  Was much better during high school/college
than flipping burgers.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford