[geeks] Clerks and Cars

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 15:54:07 CDT 2001

Yes, and no.  I've checked Hemmings for a few months - but most of what's
listed as whole cars are restored mid to late '60s Satellites.  Those are
the more desireable ones small with big engines - the '70s versions grew by
an order of magnitude (in size and weight), while the engines shrank.

To me, Hemmings always seemed to be a publication more geared for concourse
restorations than hot-rodders.  My Satellite is going to be a hotrod with
too much power (is there such a thing).  I'll be keaping the 318 - but bored
and stroked to about 360 with a Vortech supercharger.  Rather than the ugly
brown it currently is, I've been toying with painting it Plum Crazy, or a
dark metalic blue.

Kurt