[geeks] So what is a "Frankenmac"?

William S. geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 10:10:09 CDT 2001

There was a brief discussion of the Frankenmac and it
got me kind of interested. Someone seemed to imply
that the term is kinda old. Is that true and how
(obsolete?)
>From what I gather a Frankenmac is an upgraded G3.
Does that mean it is all pretty standard stuff or are
the cases modified? Can they be upgraded to the latest
G4 that supports Altivec? Is this the budget way to go
or is it cheaper in the long run to get a stock G4?
Sorry so many questions. If only are few are commented
on I will be grateful. Any pictures?

Bill
Amsterdam, NL
(Thinking of adding a Mac to the present collection of
Apollo's and P166MMX.)