[geeks] Lunchtime poll... who here is a smoker?

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 11 11:45:59 CDT 2001

Tim wrote:
> I prefer a good Next Generation or Perdomo.  I found mostly that Cuban
> cigars were slick because you couldn't legally get 'em in the US.

I'm no afficianado-- I just learned that I like the stuff my friends
have at various parties.

> I'm also a pipe smoker.  Tara will occasionally fire up her pipe as

Story-time/humor break... *sits the mailing list down*

A friend of mine who hailed from Miami at the time was on an airport
shuttle van headed to the airport with his then fiancee. Another passenger
on the van asks the other two people, the driver, and my friend and his
betrothed if it is OK for him to have a smoke. Everyone sighs and thanks
him and all the passengers whip out their cigarettes. The guy who asked
takes out his pipe, drops in the crack rocks, and lights up.

Back with our scheduled story.

> little hidden pipe store in Hamilton, ON, and have the woman there make
> me up a batch of her personal blend.  CDN$5 for a little ziplock
> baggie.  It was the most heavenly smoke I'd had.  Unfortunately, I think

Given Canada's liberal attitudes towards Marijuana I wonder what was in
it :)

-Jon