[geeks] Lunchtime poll... who here is a smoker?

Tim Harrison geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 11 11:29:47 CDT 2001

Jonathan Katz wrote:

> I indulge in a good Cuban Cigar or Romeo y Juliet from time
> to time (like once every few months) but I'm no smoker.

I prefer a good Next Generation or Perdomo.  I found mostly that Cuban
cigars were slick because you couldn't legally get 'em in the US.
However, having spent about 90% of my life in Canada, it wasn't such a
big thing.

I'm also a pipe smoker.  Tara will occasionally fire up her pipe as
well, when we're both in need of just settling down.  I used to go to a
little hidden pipe store in Hamilton, ON, and have the woman there make
me up a batch of her personal blend.  CDN$5 for a little ziplock
baggie.  It was the most heavenly smoke I'd had.  Unfortunately, I think
the woman died shortly after I moved to the US, as the pipe store didn't
seem to be there last time I was through. :(

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer
harrison at timharrison.com