[geeks] Messy other stuff

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 10 21:16:03 CDT 2001

Josh wrote:
> Try using an ice scraper to get the worst off, then perhaps one of those
> flexy things used for scraping mixing bowls for the edges of the tub.  If

You, my friend, are a genious. I have this plastic scraper I was using for
stripping finishing off of wood. Worked like a charm (most of it was soap
scum.) Now there is an acceptable layer of scum and not an icky layer. I
may just finish it off for good later in the week.

> what remains is greasy, try a degreaser.  If it seems to be alive, then
> try bleach.

Now I just need to slay the demons in my dishwasher... it works, but
leaves horrible water spots. I don't have a slot/dispenser for the
no-spots/jet-dry stuff... I've tried running two cycles-- one which
is for the wash, one which is rinse-only, no avail.

I think this will all wind-up in the housekeeping section of
bachelor-cooking.com (which I haven't taken a look at in ages.)

-Jon