[SunHELP] solaris live upgrade issue

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jun 22 00:07:06 CDT 2012

[ I think my original message got zapped by that autoreply loop ]

I have a PC server running Solaris 10 and want to apply patches.

I tried to create a new BE but its failing with an empty dataset name, and I
cannot figure out why. I have checked the zfs properties for the current root
and none are empty and all look correct.

I removed and recreated /etc/lutab as well.

Error follows, ideas appreciated:

Creating clone for <rpool/ROOT/s10x_u6wos_07b/var at root3> on
<rpool/ROOT/root3/var>.
Setting canmount=noauto for </var> in zone <global> on
<rpool/ROOT/root3/var>.
ERROR: cannot open '              ': invalid dataset name
ERROR: cannot mount mount point </.alt.tmp.b-01b.mnt/opt> device <

ERROR: failed to mount file system <              > on
</.alt.tmp.b-01b.mnt/opt>
ERROR: unmounting partially mounted boot environment file systems
ERROR: cannot mount boot environment by icf file </etc/lu/ICF.2>
ERROR: Unable to mount ABE <root3>
ERROR: Unable to clone the existing file systems from boot environment
<s10x_u6wos_07b> to create boot environment <root3>.
ERROR: Cannot make file systems for boot environment <root3>.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com