[SunHELP] Best way to copy ZFS filesystems across network?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Sat Dec 22 11:58:26 CST 2012

I want to mirror several ZFS filesystems from one box to another. I was
going to use rsync because that's what I usually use. Is there any advantage
or disadvantage to using zfs send/receive? It seems weird to me you have to
take a snapshot to send something but I guess the incremental snapshot
sending would be as good as rsync after that.

If anybody has done this I would be interested to hear how you did it and
why. Thanks.