[SunHELP] How do you interpret this?

Mark Benson markbenson at mac.com
Thu Dec 20 03:59:45 CST 2012

On 19 Dec 2012, at 13:27, hike wrote:

> The first quote is found in a document to investors meaning, "I know we're
> losing money but it's going to turn around next year."  Good, old Larry is
> Covering His Ass (CYA).  Whether he really believes this is anyone's guess.

... and wether anyone believes him, well.

"We'll improve, next quarter!" - it's the start of bad things IMHO, but then again they have been slowly downsizing and integrating Sun and that can't have been cheap.

> If you study/read business theory, you may be aware of the "Sociopath"
> business model.  Ricky Gervais' "The Office" (both UK and US) is an example
> of this model  A good description of this model is found at the following
> web page.  (Enjoy!)

Weird. It looks like, well, like nearly every major tech company ;)

> If you google the name "Oracle", you will find many definitions.  According
> to one Oracle employee, O R A C L E is actually an acronym. The meaning is
> "One Rich A** Called Larry Ellison"

I have adopted an official phrase concerning Larry:

"Larry Ellison? F*** Him." :P

I'm pretty sure that spells out my opinion of him.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>