[SunHELP] SunHELP Status Update

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Dec 2 09:24:16 CST 2012

" From: Mark Benson <markbenson at mac.com>
"
" []
"
" Sadly due to Oracle's general ignorance and poor attitude, my Ultra
" 60 and SS20 lie dormant, for hobbyist purposes, in favour of DEC and
" HP Itanium gear that I can legally run OpenVMS on for free with a
" Hobbyist license, even as an emulation on consumer hardware. I
" personally tend to feel that if Oracle are giving us the middle finger
" we ought to do the same to their copyright guidelines but I appreciate
" a community site can't operate on that basis for legal reasons. It
" appears HP still get it (albeit under duress from a very active
" community), IBM do too, so why not Oracle?

well, there is openindiana...  though it won't help your ss20.