[SunHELP] OT: windows server question

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 7 06:38:52 CST 2007

Javier O. Augusto wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 13:39 -0700, stephen price wrote:
>

>> Is it possible to have a registry entry or "something"
>> that will keep a nas cifs share attached at all times?
>>  With no one logged on?
>
> Stephen,
>
> As far as I know that's what the DFS service is all about.
> Unfortunately for you, I've never tried it "against" SAMBA shares so a
> little bit of samba-doc reading might be useful..
>
> Hope it helps :/

I'm not clear whether DFS does what you want (my impression after a
cursory scan of relevant documentation is that it doesn't), but one
thing you should be aware of is that DFS comes standard only with server
versions of Win2K and above.  On a workstation version of Windows, it is
not available.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.