[SunHELP] Apache Tomcat will not server pages properly on Solaris 9

Reed Stoner kaltekar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 12:48:17 CST 2007

I've been having a heck of a time trying to get Tomcat to
serve up jsp pages on a Solaris 9 system.  I'm using
Tomcat 5.5.20 with JDK 1.5.0.08 and the mod_jk
connector 1.2.19 and also using Apache 2.2.3 to serve
the none jsp pages.

The problem is that when you connect to the jsp page all
that is displayed is the raw code for the page, it doesn't
seem to be rendering the Java.   I can't providea link
because it is an internal only website.

I have checked, double checked and quadruple
checked my configuration files.  According to
everything I've found on the Google I have everything
right.   If you connect on port 8080 the Tomcat welcome
page is working but none of the examples.  A review
of catalina.out, mod_jk.log, and httpd.log show no
discernible errors when stopping, starting or serving
the pages.  I removed the JDK  with pkgrm and reloaded
it with pkgadd with the package downloaded from Sun.

I've Googled the heck out of the problem and can't find
a solution that works.  I'm starting to believe  that
when I compiled Apache I left something out. (I only
complied it with the default options) I can't find anything
on what options Apache needs to be complied with so
that Tomcat will work properly.  Can someone point
me in right direction?  Also can anyone recommend a
good resource for setup and administration for Apache?

Kal