[SunHELP] actual, not average CPU load?

Valery Yankin sosiski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 09:16:25 CST 2006

Hello,

I am running application tests on Solaris 9 SPARC. Several daemons are
running. It is necessary to measure the performance of some of these
daemons for a certain period of time.

The problem is that `top` shows an average CPU load for a certain
process, and I need the actual CPU load at some certain moments. In
other words, I need a tool that would give me absolute, not average CPU
load values. If the daemon is consuming 50% of CPU at 15:00:01, I want
to see exactly this percentage at this exact time. If it stops the
processing at 15:00:11, I want to see the CPU load go down at this exact
time.

Phew. I hope I made myself more or less clear.

What tool would you advise that can monitor the processes the way I have
described?

Thank you.
Valery.