[SunHELP] reconfigure sendmail

Connolly, Michael - EC Newton Michael.Connolly at itt.com
Fri Jul 28 17:19:51 CDT 2006

Greetings,

Please forgive me as I know nothing of sendmail - never could use it "for
real" due to corporate mandate of Exchange/Outlook use. Have used it
out-of-the-box for local (server) purposes pre-Solaris 9.

I just installed Solaris 9 9/.05 on a 280R. It appears that sendmail has
configured itself automatically to send mail via our corporate server. This is
the first time I have seen this with an install of Solaris.

So if some kind soul would not mind sending me some info on how to disable
this and still be able to use sendmail locally on the server (to mail crontab
results etc. to root account) I would appreciate it. I do not want to disable
sendmail completely (by renaming S88sendmail).

Regards,
Michael J. Connolly
Worldwide PLM/PDM Manager
ITT Electronic Components
617-969-3700 x8302
************************************
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended
solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have
received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any
or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do
not
necessarily represent those of ITT, Inc. The recipient should check
this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.