[SunHELP] Mount Issue

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 16:07:11 CDT 2005

On 9/22/05, Valery Yankin <sosiski at gmail.com> wrote:
> vijay kumar wrote:
> > Hi friends,
> > I am having one issue with a sun 440 server ie, after some 450
> > mounts the machines starts failing mounts, by throwing error like,
> > automountd[10506]: [ID 522941 daemon.error] mount : Couldn't bind to
reserved
> > port
> >
> > Is there any way to increase the number of mounts, in solaris by
> > changing parameters in system configuration file..
>
> I don't know whether this addresses your issue, but still

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/802-2022/6i610sjc9?a=view#02.Alphabetical_Me
ssage_Listing-69

>       *nfs mount: Couldn't bind to reserved port*
>
>     /Cause /This message appears when a client attempts to NFS mount a
>     filesystem from a server that has more than one Ethernet interface
>     configured on the same physical subnet.
>

>     /Action /Always connect multiple Ethernet interfaces on one router
>     system to different physical subnetworks.

You might also use 'lsof' (sunfreeware.com if it's not installed
already) to see if you have a lot of open connections--if those
NFS connections are not closed, you may be running into TCP
connection limits.

Conceivably you might also be running into open file handle issues
on the system serving the NFS.

=Nadine=