[SunHELP] Solaris web/mail server

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Mar 5 09:27:44 CST 2005

On Mar 5, 2005, at 11:00 AM, Eric Webb wrote:

> Are there any particular gotchas or recommendations that I should be
> aware of
> during the conversion?  My solaris experience isn't too great...
> should I use
> something other than stock named or sendmail?  Any pointers on
> hardening
> Solaris?

Install the latest MU, any patches needed, replace the ssh that comes
with it with OpenSSH v.latest, dump sendmail and use Postfix, install
and enable ipf, and *don's heretic hat* dump BIND in favor of TinyDNS.

--
Kurt Huhn        "I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
kurt at k-huhn.com                        -- Adam Savage