[SunHELP] Solaris web/mail server

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Mar 5 10:00:51 CST 2005

Hi guys,

I'm replacing a Linux box that fell prey to malicious activities (boo) at my
co-lo with an Ultra 2 & Solaris 9 (yay!).  The box's primary tasks were
serving up named, http (apache + php + one of the nukes), and receiving mail
(that was later POPped off by users).

Are there any particular gotchas or recommendations that I should be aware of
during the conversion?  My solaris experience isn't too great... should I use
something other than stock named or sendmail?  Any pointers on hardening
Solaris?

-E.