[SunHELP] Setting backspace key

David Ledger dledger at ivdcs.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 12:36:02 CDT 2005

>From: Lara Matthews <lara.matthews at accesscomputing.co.uk>
>Hi James
>
>James, Denise wrote:
>>  I have tried to edit the .profile that root uses so that I can set the
>>  backspace key.  Nothing seems to work.  I also tried to set an alias and
>>  that did not work either...I got the error not found.
>>

>you could use bash.  It has the backspace mapped correctly.
>
>Lara

That depends on your idea of 'correct'.  Different people prefer
different settings. That's why there's a problem for about 50% of the
users.

I you're accessing from a PC using an PC X server, the PC and X s/w
mappings come into play as well.

Just put the stty line in your .profile.

David

--
David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
Chair of HPUX SysAdmin SIG of hpUG technical user group (www.hpug.org.uk)
david.ledger at ivdcs.co.uk
www.ivdcs.co.uk