[SunHELP] solaris10: dumb question...

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Dec 6 07:45:41 CST 2005

Andrew clarified,

> > You have a script patch your servers on Friday nights at
> > 11:00? What stones you have! I wouldn't dare do that
> > unattended. :7)
>
> don't be silly!  i only cron the patchreport.

   I kind of expected that -- I was only tweaking you!
   When I played with this utility before, I found it..._awkward_ that
it would only install a subset of all patches, as Nadine mentioned.  I
tried mucking about in the config file to enable some of the "reboot
required" patches on a testing system, but I never got it to work.
   Maybe I'll try again, using it only as a _reporting_ tool to let me
know when I need to log in and apply the patches. (Which is what you do,
right?)
   Does anyone have an opinion whether patchcheck or smpatch is better
for this?
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt