[SunHELP] SunPci driver on Solaris 10

Fabio fabio at crearium.com
Mon Oct 25 12:54:44 CDT 2004

Hi.

I installed solaris 10 on a sun blade 1000 and I installed the sunpci
2.3 driver for a SunPC 600Mhz card. After installing this error is shown:

nietzsche% /opt/SUNWspci2/bin/sunpci -l
/dev/sunpci2drv*: No such file or directory
The SunPCi device driver is not installed.

To run the startup program:

     1. Type: su, then enter your superuser password.
     2. Type: cd /opt/SUNWspci2/drivers/solaris
     3. Type: ./sunpcload
nietzsche% cd /opt/SUNWspci2/drivers/solaris && sudo ./sunpcload

The SunPCi 2 driver installation has failed.
  Cannot find the driver file: sunpcidrv.2100

any workaround?