[SunHELP] Max Number of Files & Directories

Howard Hurst howard.hurst at unitedadvertising.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 06:49:35 CDT 2004

Hi,

Is there a limit of the number of files in one directory under Solaris
2.6 and 8? We have 37,000 files under one directory and I thought the
limit was about 32,000...?

Also, is there a limit on how many sub-directories can you have?

Cheers

Howard.

http://www.unitedadvertising.co.uk
IMPORTANT. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of United Business Media. The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication and notify the sender immediately. It should be noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or  taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

This email may be monitored.