[SunHELP] LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Oct 9 18:26:31 CDT 2004

Hi again...

I've made some changes to my /etc/profile and found the problem... in
particular, when the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set the gnome icons and
wallpaper disappear...

The package I installed was gcc-3.4.2 and require necesarily LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to allow my output program to run... if this var is not set, my program tells
it was unable to find the library required that is at /usr/local/lib

Which is the right way to add a lib path to the system? I need it, but when
use LD_LIBRARY_PATH my gnome has troubles...

Thanks

P.S.
Necesarily need gcc 'cos am porting a software to Solaris that requires some
gcc features