[SunHELP] Sun Cluster questions

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon May 17 14:29:51 CDT 2004

Folks--

I seem to be facing a chicken-egg quandry...

Brief background:

Had to take 1 node of a two node SC3.0 cluster down to
replace an I/O board.  The node1 was removed using scswitch
before shutting down.  The cluster failed over to node0 as
expected.

Node1's hardware was repaired, and we attempted to bring it
up to connect to the cluster, but instead it just sat and spun
it's wheels at:

WARNING: Path sc-fgdb-prod-node1:ge1 - sc-fgdb-prod-node0:ge1 initiation
encountered errors, errno = 62. Remote node may be down or unreachable
through this path.
WARNING: Path sc-fgdb-prod-node1:ge0 - sc-fgdb-prod-node0:ge0 initiation
encountered errors, errno = 62. Remote node may be down or unreachable
through this path.

If I get it to the ok prompt, I can boot it with a -x (e.g. cluster
services off).  It comes up into multi-user find, and I can plumb,
configure and set a route for the geX interfaces and ping node0.

But I cannot check the cluster configuration parameters on it at
that point:

%> scconf:  This node is not currently in the cluster.

Obviously, something is horked with the cluster configuration
(I'm guessing that something in the device tree has had it's
link changed after the I/O board replacement, but I am at
a loss as to what).

Short of uninstalling the cluster software, is there a way to
get it into single or multi-user mode *without* using the -x
flag to the boot command so that I can run scsetup/scconf?

Suggestions appreciated.  At this point, I wouldn't even mind
a clue bat. :-)

Thanks--
=Nadine=
--