[SunHELP] Solaris 8/L25 howto?

ert weerr sun1sol at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 21:46:08 CDT 2004

Hi guruz,

I installed a new L25 tape library and attached it
to a V240 w. Solaris 8.
However I can see the unit after probe-scsi-all, I
can't find that under the operating system:

ok probe-scsi-all
/pci at 1c,600000/scsi at 2,1

/pci at 1c,600000/scsi at 2
Target 0
  Unit 0   Disk     FUJITSU MAP3367N SUN36G 0401
Target 1
  Unit 0   Disk     SEAGATE ST336607LSUN36G 0307

/pci at 1e,600000/pci at 3/scsi at 5

/pci at 1e,600000/pci at 3/scsi at 4
Target 0
  Unit 0   Removable Medium changer    ATL     1500
        3.07
Target 1
  Unit 0   Removable Tape     QUANTUM SDLT320
2E2E
Target 2
  Unit 0   Removable Tape     QUANTUM SDLT320
2E2E

# ls -l /dev/rmt
#
# cfgadm
Ap_Id                          Type         Receptacle
  Occupant     Condition
c0                             scsi-bus     connected
  configured   unknown
c1                             scsi-bus     connected
  configured   unknown
c2                             scsi-bus     connected
  unconfigured unknown

I already issued the devfsadm;tapes, devfsadm -Cc
tapes, reboot -- -r, touch /reconfigure,
etc. commands, but nothing changed...

Could you help me please to configure that library
under Solaris?

Thanks in advance!

John