[SunHELP] SUNWski and OpenSSH/SSL

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Mar 22 20:27:03 CST 2004

"From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
"
"On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 04:21:11PM -0500, Sandwich Maker wrote:
"> "From: "William Enestvedt" <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu>
"> "
"> "Has anyone used the SUNWski package (which creates randomness for
"> "Solaris 2.6 systems) with current OpenSSL and/or OpenSSH? Or should I
"> "just continue using PRNGD?
">
"> first i've heard of SUNWski - where does one get it?
"
"I've used SUNWski.  It's a bit of a pain to get set up, IME, but once
"installed, and once you can persuade OpenSSL to use it, it works.  I
"found I had a bit of difficulty getting it to fire up the first time,
"but after that it was fine.

finally found it on the intranet cd.  what did you do to openssl?
i've also just updated to 0.9.7d from sunfreeware and find it wants
libgcc_s.so.1 - do i need a recent gcc to run it?  i've resisted
upgrading because i've doubted i'd get any better v7 code than 2.8.1
generates.