[SunHELP] dhcp issue

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Thu Mar 18 11:04:07 CST 2004

Francois Dion writes ...
> > I got a range of addresses that is not getting a default gateway on
> > windows clients. I tried to bring up dhcpmgr and I'm getting a blank
> > screen. First time this happens, so I never bothered learning dhtadm
> > really well.
> >
> > I have to resolve this really quick, if somebody can tell me how to
> > use dhtadm to query and or reassign the default gateway, it would be
> > much appreciated.
>
> Or maybe somebody could tell me what the symbol name for default gateway
> is? I've figured this:
> dhtadm -A -s symbolname -d 'Vendor="MSFT 5.0" MSFT,...

I have no clue about that; I set up my DHCP by editing the actual files.
Would you like me to post/send those so you can use them as examples?  They
work fine with Windows versions 3.11, 95, 98, and 2000.  I think they work
OK with XP, as well, but I don't have an XP machine here to confirm that.

-Shel