[SunHELP] clustered 280: high percentage of usr cpu time

michael.petereit at materna.de michael.petereit at materna.de
Tue Mar 16 23:16:10 CST 2004

Hi,

I have two 280s runnig in a cluster with two 3310 storages.
Since the two machines became a cluster (formerly they acted as single
machines) "prstat -a" and "sar" show me a high amount of usr time on the cpu
and very low idle time even there is nothing running on it. Every ressource
group is offline and the system should have idle time of 90%.
The only new thing is the "availability suite" of SUN.
I assume this software is eating up most of the cpu time on this cluster
system.
Am I right ?

Regards,
Michael