[SunHELP] Sun 3510fc SAN serial port

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Mon Mar 1 09:10:44 CST 2004

How do you talk to the box? What kind of cable? I have a serial cable,
null modem adapter, gender changers, db9->rj45 Sun adapters and I tried
all kinds of combos and I get nothing. I can access all my other Sun
equipment with the serial console, but this unit uses a db9 instead of
an rj45, so that might have something to do.

I have to get to the serial console to set the IP address, then I'll be
able to manage it from my management network, but if I cant get on the
console, I cant set that.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Francois