[SunHELP] SS1000 does random? hard lockups during Sol 8 install.

Lumpkin, Buddy Buddy.Lumpkin at nordstrom.com
Mon Mar 1 02:44:02 CST 2004

Any component could be at fault.

I would suggest removing all SBUS cards including your frame buffer, all CPUs
but one and all memory sticks but one and booting from serial port A. If it
still locks up swap the installed CPU and memory DIMM with one of your spares
and check again. If the hanging goes away, divide and conquer.

Regards,

--Buddy