[SunHELP] disksuite configuration

The Renaissance Man alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Jun 14 14:57:06 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 01:32:53PM +0100, Nigel Trivass wrote:
>    Created new boot disk on 1 x 9GB disk, and mirrored it with the other
>    9GB disk.

Good.

>    Changed the disktype of the 33GB disk to that of SUN18G using "type"
>    option from within format.  I then copied the partition table from one
>    of the 18GB drives being used for the logical volume to this disk.
>
>    I copied the same partition table onto the remaining 4 x 18GB disks
>    and created new submirror (d20), and then the mirrored volume (d30).

I'll trade you a real Sun 18G disk for your Sun 33G.  Then I can
properly mirror the 33G disk in my U30, and you can have a matching set
of ten 18G disks.  :)

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net