[SunHELP] Password Policies

Adrian.Florea at alcatel.ro Adrian.Florea at alcatel.ro
Tue Aug 31 01:49:07 CDT 2004

Hi,

I had a lot to work with this stuff.

In Solaris 2.6 / 2.8  used PAM modules written by me.
At that time I was using NIS as naming services, and, as we know - this
does not provide any password tricky stuff.

In Solaris 9/10 I use default PAM modules but I'm using LDAP (DS 5.2) as
naming service and its  password policy mechanisms, which are good enough
for - as of yet ;).

/adrian