[SunHELP] Password Policies

Javier O. Augusto javier.augusto at gmx.net
Mon Aug 30 11:45:36 CDT 2004

Matt,

You could easyly put somewhere into your users $PATH a crafted or
handmade 'passwd' to avoid those limitations on the command line.

Regards,
jay

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 13:15, Vermette, Matt Spawar (723) wrote:

> Dale,
>
> I have researched this functionality in Solaris 9.  My experience has it
that the restrictions on alpha-numeric, upper-case, lower-case is only imposed
while utilizing the Solaris Management Console to issue user's passwords.

> To my experience, when I am utilizing the command line for user
account/passwords, the only restrictions that are imposed are password length,
minimum weeks, maxweeks, and warnweeks.

> I have yet to learn how to impose alpha-numeric, upper-case, lower-case on a
system running Sol 9 headless (SMC disabled).