[SunHELP] SunPC 1.3

Simon Rowe x244 sr at wwlaw.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 09:39:32 CDT 2004

drivers you need to use are often the

SunPCI NDIS driver and the SIS 900 PCI fast ethernet adapter.

It sounds like the sunpci Virtual interface doesn't have a valid IP address. Try
running

winipcfg

from windows to see what IP address has been assigned. This may be the default
(and thus invalid) one

also, try just pinging a host from a command prompt to see if you get any
response.

The unix drives can all map as long as they are all mounted by the unix box the
sunpci is running from - but they are a lot slower than mapped MS drives.

If all else fails just hook up a network cable to the actual sunpci card and try
using that.

Big word of advice - get rid of these sunpci cards. Buy a low spec PC and you'll
save yourself days/weeks of aggro.